Thursday, August 28, 2014

Milwaukee

We've spent nearly a week in Milwaukee taking care of some family business.  The river front in Milwaukee has many restaurants. 





My cousin, Donna, who passed away in December 2013, was very active in historic preservation.  A walkway near Brady Street has been named in her honor and a tree is also being planted in her name. 


  During the weekend, I flew to Nashville for a baby shower for my first grandchild, Leah Lorraine (due in Sept.).  Ron drove me to Chicago's Midway Airport so that I had a direct flight.  Had I flown from Milwaukee, I would have had a layover in Orlando which seemed sort of ridiculous. 



The weekend with Jessica and Josh was wonderful.  I was able to meet Jessica's mom, Lorraine and her best friend Tara.  She and Tara have been friends since they were 5 years old. 
Jessica and Lorraine
Tara and Jessica

JoAnn, Jen, and Lorraine

 

On Saturday, we went in 95 degree temps to an outdoor flea market with Jess, Josh, Lorraine, and friends Denny and JoAnn.  Jessica grilled dinner for all of us that evening.  She is a real trooper and the pregnancy has not stopped her whatsoever. 

On Sunday, Josh, Jess, Lorraine, Tara and I went to a nearby winery and spent a lovely afternoon there. 

The baby shower was catered by a friend's brother.  The food was outstanding and it was fun to see many of Josh's old friends. 






I returned to Milwaukee mid-day Monday.  While I was gone, Ron had gone to a car show near the marina.  The rest of the time, he and Duke hung out at the boat.

No comments:

Post a Comment